Thursday, September 17, 2009

Intersection

Project #2...

Materials: paper, thread, fabric

Make a container to hold a special item!

Then think!

How will these 3 major components intersect each other in a purposeful way?

How will the joints and corners intersect in a tasteful and functional way?

IDEAS!

I started out wanting to make a photo frame which would hold a picture of my family. TOO LITERAL.

Next, I was inspired to make an oval container (similar to a flower pot) see photo. I just couldn't incorporate the fabric in that one.

Keeping the idea of the oval shape; at roughly 6:38 a.m., an idea came to me. Take the Styrofoam ball (intended for the flower pot) and make it a time capsule. I hope these drawing help explain that thought.

Small tip: Styrofoam is not an easy material to manipulate. I basically gutted the inside to make it hollow with a heated Styrofoam cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment