Thursday, October 29, 2009

Take 1

How can I design two spaces that speak the same language? How will the spaces relate to one another in it's design elements (proportion, balance, repetition, size, Navigation of space- My thought is fold the bristol in half (vertically), then overlap them by applying paper cement, creating a series of steps. Thus making use of the space in the steps and behind them. OK...I built this and it was critiqued by Kuniko and Tommy. Kuniko feedback...the space doesn't speak the language I've claimed...which is "navigation of space" and further she states that the dialog between the spaces is not clear. Tommy argued that the stairs do not create two spaces. However, by placing the skewers vertically alongside the every other stair, would clearly define the spaces I've intended. Sorry, no image available.

Ironically, during my architectural history class the instructor presented a photo of The Orchard House by CFA Voysey; the photo is identical to the FIX Tommy provided.





http://www.artsandcraftsdesign.com/clocks/images/PaintedtempusattheOrchard1899.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment