Monday, November 9, 2009

luminescence

Assignment:
Design a luninaire using two materials that you used in previous projects, plus one new material of your choosing. Your luminaire should create a field of light that articulates the surface upon which it is cast. The light source is to be a compact fluorescent bulb in a standard electric bulb socket.

Phase 1: design research

I am sure with this assignment I’d like to design something that will be useful to me. Immediately, I wanted to stir clear of lamps…it seems to be so expected. Well, the observation begins.
This happens to be a perfect season for it. I visited a nearby lake in mid-day. It was absolutely breath taking. The light of sun reflects on the lake, the sunbeams dance about the golden trees. (Golden brown, orange, yellow, and red) What a reflection gracing upon the lake – the collage of nature.

That’s it! My two materials from previous projects will be from the very first assignment…Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment