Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Ritual

Ritual item: Book titled “My Pocket PRAYER Partner for Women”

The morning’s come and it’s time start another day which can be interpreted into one decision after another. This can then be translated into one opportunity after another. I have developed a daily ritual to help prepare me in my never-ending decision making. When I arise I take care of the preliminaries with my hygienic ritual; then I move on to soul searching. I head downstairs to the breakfast nook and reach for my book. It is tucked away in a custom built (old world style) caddy. I open the passage way to begin the soul searching; the book sits majestically, in place. The caddy has a compartment designed for storage, thoughtfully placed beneath the book. There I can faithfully find my favorite pen and highlighter in its custom built holder. There are a few tea lights and a lighter that I retrieve from the compartment as well. I use these to set the tone. Once the candles are lit and coffee in hand…I begin to read carefully the words on the pages. For twenty minutes I indulge myself into non-interrupted, thought provoking subject matter “how to face the day”. Following the expiration of time, I carefully blow out the candles and place my book, pen, and highlighter in the caddy for safe keeping. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment