Thursday, July 5, 2012

Concept Statement

Developing a concept can be one of the easiest steps of your design process or the most frustrating!  Either way it takes a great deal of time and thought to fully realize.  Unless, the concept have been handed to you from the start by a professor or client; the sky is the limit.  In my case I have complete freedom to design a chair without limitations, including cost.  This means that I must decide on a direction in order to narrow down the "ENDLESS" possibilities.  Since this is truly an organic start, I have placed a great emphasis on the shape and form of the chair thus far, while also meditating on the questions in my previous post.  The answers to these questions help me to methodically develop a concept.  It is helpful for me to  simultaneously generate ideas on various areas of my design process and then allow all the discoveries to reveal a new creation.

I decided to look no further than my closet for inspiration...thus my Concept is "Summer 2012".
Statement : "Summer 2012" is about merging today's fashion within the aesthetics of the chair.  Highlighting the hottest and trendiest pattern that's found in garments, shoes, and jewelry.  An infusion of the pattern and the use of multiple materials to symbolize the collaboration of styles I often mix and match from my closet.


Explorations so far 



No comments:

Post a Comment